Wednesday 7 May 2008

Comment 3- Krtick Joshi

I remember back at the very 1st lesson where we had to confess our bad behaviour from a previous experience and their was a person who said that they called their blind mother embarassing after she fell down a step in a clothes store.

Well... that was me unfortunately i was so shocked how people reacted and thought i was skum of the earth i appreciated the lecturers view saying that there are always two sides to a story. I would have explained my side if people would have refrained from almost salem witch trialing me! The real story is that that me and my mother have a very close relationship we say things like that to each other and yet after that incident i did apologise.

I was only a early teen and my mother was very protective all the other kids would go to shops on a weekend with their friends but my mother wouldn't let me. If i needed clothes i would have to go with her and as a lad being a teen it was quite embarassing when the 'cool' kids came into the same store that my mother and me where in. They were laughing at me for the fact that i was with my mum and for some reason it really affected me. My mother is blind and ive been looking after her since i was 9 years of age but at that stage in growing up these peer pressures where too much to handle and I lost concentration of where my mother was walking as I was so consumed in my paranoias. She fell down face first as she missed a step and everyone laughed. I dont blame them for laughing they don't know that my mothers blind and people falling down can be funny especially on tv shows like 'youve been framed'. However in this moment it wasn't funny for me and in haste whilst going red I picked up my mother and said in a agressive whisper "MUM YOUR SO EMBARASSING!" She was fine she didnt mind she was angry at me for not looking after her proply and later on I was angry at myself for letting my mother down like that.

As well as the lesson I learnt from that experience i also learnt that how people were so extreme in their beliefs of what i had done. Some one said that the dog who died from drugs (who one second prize in the being bad lecture of confessions) was less worse than what I did. I am well and truly shocked that people would consider a family row and a teenage mistake a lot worse than the life of a animal. Maybe because Im vegetarian and value all types of life that i have that view.



comment.
i personlly feel that what u had done was wrong, eventhough u where just a 'kid' but i think that what u said was bad. saying that to your mother i feel sorry for her u should be looking after her. i also do think that what u had done was worse then the person who killed the dog with drugs i personally found that verry funny. but i was dissapointed with ur confession.

No comments: